Saturday, March 15, 2014

Datanerith Entry 4: Hunger Strikes

So I noticed that my dwarves were starting to run out of food. How did I notice that, you might ask? They stopped working entirely and started eating rats.

A bond formed between Ral and a kitten, though, which is nice.

OK, so, hunger kinda snuck up on me there. That's kind of a problem. I just now got my plump helmet farm up and running, and it may be a while before it bears fruit. And by fruit I mean mushrooms. I've actually been pretty irresponsible about food. On embark I did prepare adequately; I've got three or four hens to lay eggs, a bunch of plump helmet seeds, and I even brought a camel and a yak to slaughter when things got hairy. I waited pretty long to get my farm started, though, and I haven't even put the hens to pasture yet, let alone build them some nest boxes to lay eggs in.

As a quick stopgap, I immediately ordered the building of a kitchen and butchery. A few of my last migrants had some skill in cooking and butchery, so I queued up a couple easy meals and ordered my yak killed. Then I ordered some nest boxes built so we can start collecting eggs. Things are looking close, but barring any more food shortages or unexpected problems, we should be fine.



FUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment