Monday, April 14, 2014

Stesokur Entry 1: Strike the Earth!

Ignoring warnings that the area is haunted, my dwarves have arrived! This area, just like Datanerith, is temperate, with plenty of trees and no aquifer. There's no river, though, but there's several small lakes. My settlers, who call themselves "The Polished Boots," have called this place Stesokur, or "Moltenhearths" in English.

These settlers include a woodworker, three miners, a farmer, an architect, and a doctor. Our architect is also our soldier - I made sure to include somebody with some combat skills this time - and the doctor has taken the responsibility of Expedition Leader.

Say hello!

There's a swarm of giant peach-faced lovebirds, which sounds totally adorable, but I'm worried they might start harassing the outpost. There's several of them, which might prove problematic even to my warrior, but so far they've just been ignoring my dwarves. Let's hope they keep it that way. Aside from them, there's no wild animals nearby, and no civilizations that I know of. 

One problem with the original tileset - that's supposed to be a perfect circle, not a lopsided oval. Oh, well. Imagination!

Instead of carving out a bunch of small rooms, I just make one large chamber. I'll put all my temporary stuff here - a dormitory on one side, some workshops on the other, maybe some tables and chairs in the middle. My plan is to make a tower, and this will be its basement. I want it to be something cool and imposing... we'll see what happens. I'm honestly a little worried about the "haunted" thing. I've never done an embark in an evil biosphere. There could be zombies or necromancers... I don't really know what to expect. The place seems nice, though.


Oh! That's not... too bad, I guess. Maybe it'll just go away by itself.


No, go away! Make it stop!


eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment